I went to the quarter finals of the men's handball yesterday, which was a
really good match, very exciting and a wonderful atmosphere in the stadium,
thanks to overwhelming numbers of very partisan French supporters.

I was very surprised not only by how many photographers there were but also
by how many broadcasters were covering the event. I didn't count them, but
there must have been 20-30 photographers. Whether they were Canon or not I
couldn't tell, but they all had honking enormous lenses. Many of them were
having to shoot through the net behind the goals, which must have made
focusing difficult.

Anyway, if they have that many covering what is really quite a minor sport
compared to others, and only a QF at that (albeit France, Olympic champions,
and Spain), there must be thousands of accredited photographers covering the
entire Olympics.