Quoting Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>:

Thank you, Brian.
It looks like a good thing to try (without relying on them).

You're very welcome  :-)>

I don't rely on cloud storage but it's good to have for certain types of files in case my local backups go belly up. I mainly use Dropbox but Box.com seems pretty good as well.

Earlier this year, they had an offer of free 50 GB but only for Android users:
http://blog.box.com/2012/02/android-users-get-50gb-free-get-your-box50gb-and-enter-the-box-mobile-giveaway/

Brian, since you have used it already, - how is the upload done from
a computer: via web-browser, via a browser plugin that you are supposed
to install, via stand-alone application, ... ?
This part is not  clear from their FAQ.

There are several ways. The easiest is probably via the web browser. Log in to your account and you will see an 'Upload' button on the top right hand corner of the page. Click it and and select files from your PC to upload.

However, I came across this tutorial which allows you to map Box.com as a network drive on your local PC. It works for me and I can just drag and drop local files from my PC to Box.com using a file manager (I use Free Commander) or Windows Explorer (as a last resort!).

http://www.webosnation.com/map-box-net-network-drive-your-computer

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters