This may be too late since it sounds like today might have been your only day
to go down, but:

I'll post a contrary view here.

You've said that money is an issue. You would buy a weekend pass but only go
for one day. Yes, you will likely get some great pix but if you don't you might
regret having spent the money that hour could use elsewhere.

I know that it's happened that I spend good money to go to an event and just
don't get any decent shots. Yes, I might otherwise enjoy the event but that's
beside the point.

You might get just as many good shots doing something for free. Or you might go
and have the time of your life.

Remember though, that money might come in handy getting that new lens...

I don't think there's a wrong answer here, just go with your heart.

;-)

Cheers,
frank the prudent

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens