On 8/26/2012 10:46 AM, Bob W wrote:
I doubt it. I don't think Apple gives a shit about Android. Apple is a
hardware company and is doing what it can to reduce competition in the
hardware market.

Here we seem to disagree. Apple is very much behind its IOS ecosystem (<-- rather modern term as I get to notice it more often these days), so it may be that they are after Android after all.

If I were competing against Apple I don't think I'd try to steal their
patents, I think I'd try to steal their designers. Now that Jobs is dead I
expect Apple to turn into IBM / Microsoft quite quickly, and probably to
lose their cool status, as they did when Jobs disappeared before. They'll
change from a company which makes products, to a company which chases
'shareholder value'.

Well, I cannot really disagree with you here, Bob. You're right. This very trial is the sign of these things you notice. At least so I think.