Boris, I totally agree that the patent system needs adjustment. The absurd
notion that human DNA disease-markers can be patented is an indication that the
system needs major overhaul. But in the meantime, the rules say that you
shouldn't copy others' work. Apple is the underdog here. They are the small
corporation that had a string of good ideas, protected those ideas with patents
as allowed for under the current system, and profited from their good ideas
(iPod, iPhone, iPad). They are are now being treated as though they were
Microsoft. Microsoft won dominance of the OS market through very questionable
marketing practices; Apple won dominance of everything else through good ideas.
Samsung and other scumsuckers are merely trying to copy whatever is the current
successful product  in hopes that it will earn them more quick dollars than it
will cost them in legal fees and settlements.

stan