Quoting Bipin Gupta <bip...@gmail.com>:

I have a very enthusiastic photographer friend who wished to form
another Pentax  Mail In Forum called iPentax. I wrote back telling him
that there is already a very interesting one called PDML.
He agreed, but said that he was once a member of PDML but spent too
much time reading PDML mail in his Inbox, and less time on his actual
photography. Many a time the number of mails on the same topic was
overwhelming, with little or no inputs to stimulate his grey cells and
his photography.
Perhaps we can ponder on this issue with ways to prune down the number
of "non-issue" mails that help only to fatten up the Inbox. The
British call it "cotton wooling".
I may have stirred the hornets nest, but I took a sincere and
calculated risk to highlight this issue to all of you.
I beg pardon.

Well, most of the off topic stuff is labelled "OT" so if you don't want to see it, setting up an appropriate email filter would do the trick.

Personally, I like the OT stuff.

--
Cheers

Brian