The Q Has that as well -it is a physical filter built into the kit lens and the zoom but not hte toy lenses. I assume it is to allow large apertures in bright light.

The Q has a maximum shutter speed of 1/2000. The sunny 16 rule would suggest that at ISO 125 (the lowest the Q supports) a shutter speed of 1/2000 would correlate to f 5.6. Any more open aperture would be over exposed (if the rule is valid). The 2 stop ND filter would allow you to shoot in full brutal sun at 1/2000th and f 1.9, should you want shallow depth of field. It also accomodates the f 2.8 - f 4.5 aperture range on the zoom. The toy lenses with fixed apertures are not fast enough to ever need the ND filter, so they don't have them.

And you can get more creamy waterfall shots as well...

Mark