On Sep 7, 2012, at 1:20 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but if I remember, there was a whole lot of pissing and moaning because
> turning off Noise Reduction doesn't actually turn off the dark frame
> subtraction.

I just did a test with a 15-second exposure in my darkened living room.
Turning off Noise Reduction meant I could access the preview straight away.
With NR on I get no preview until after the dark frame has been shot (indicated
by the shots-remaining number flashing on the top LCD).

So whoever said K20D may have been right as the dark frame subtraction
definitely can be turned off in the K10D.

I'll compare the images later to see what kind of difference it makes to the
noise :)

Cheers,
Dave