From: David Mann

On Sep 5, 2012, at 1:51 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
I think there's a hacked firmware for the K10D/K20D that allows you
to turn off the dark frame subtraction, but I've never had the
nerve to try it.

Interesting, I was thinking there would be a menu option to switch it
off but was too busy shooting to waste time looking for it.

I also thought that one solution would be to buy a second body &
tripod so one can be shooting while the other is subtracting :)

Dave

The whole dark frame subtraction issue was discussed here once before, which is what made me go look for the hacked firmware. IIRC, the hacked firmware allows you to insert a command while flashing the firmware that in turn allows you to display a debug menu at start-up & that's where you can turn dark frame subtraction off/on.