The Pentax adapter works better than any other, the only caveats really are that you need a lens with an auto/manual switch, and when removing the lens from the camera the adapter stays with the camera. To remove it the locking spring visible through one of the cutouts must be released. A strong fingernail is good enough but a small thin blade, (knife or screwdriver), works as well. Now some non Pentax m42 lenses have external indexing systems for wide open metering that can interfere with proper mounting and operation on a K mount camera, (Mamyia Sekor TL/DTL are a system I know has this problem), Fujifilm m42 lenses use a similar system, I don't know if there's a problem with them as well.