Christine Aguila wrote:

>On Sep 12, 2012, at 6:12 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think this is yet practical. Assuming the camera has built-in
>> Verizon 4G LTE, and you shoot 400 RAWs in one outing, your camera will
>> be pushing files up to the cloud for more than 50 minutes. If you
>> don't have the fastest service presently available, considerably
>> longer. This will likely deplete your battery, by the way.
>>
>> You'd have plenty of time to drop your camera in the lake. :-)
>>
>> - an 8 Megabyte RAW is 64 megabits
>> - Verizon 4G LTE uploads at 6.46 megabits/sec average
>> http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/19/verizons-4g-lte-network-outperforms-
>
>It's a dream, Bruce, that I hope some day comes true--that is,  we'll
>have the technology to greatly trim that 50 minute wait down to a
>few minutes wait.  Just a wishful dream.  Cheers, Christine

It will remain a dream: By that time we'll be shooting raw files that
are a lot bigger than used in Bruce's calculations above, which will
cancel out the increase in bandwidth. :-)

(Personally, I have zero interest in an SLR with a network link.
That's what phone cams are for.)

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com