> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Mark Roberts
>
> I generally put a photo on line until at least a month, and sometimes
> up to a year, after its taken. It takes time before one is able to
> objectively judge ones own work.
>
> I seem to recall there was a very famous photographer who wouldn't even
> look at his contact sheets until a year after he'd shot the film.
> ANyone remember who it was?

Cartier-Bresson used to ship the film back from wherever he was and carry on
travelling, so he wouldn't see the contacts until he returned to Paris,
which could be months after he shot the film.

But this must have been true of many photographers back then. National
Geographic photographers used to have to phone in on a regular basis so that
their editor could tell them whether or not they had the shot, and if not to
keep blasting away.