Hi all,

 Today I picked up my film from the "other half" of my 300mm lens
comparison.

 From studying the slides using a 10x loupe I've found that the
Pentax 67 300mm f/4 Takumar lens is almost as sharp as the A*300/4.
There's not a huge amount of difference but it is noticeable on the
finer details.  Where the 67 lens wins is that it has an image circle
four times as big... which brings me to the next part of the
comparison.

 The 6x7 lens captures MUCH more detail than the SMCP 135mm f/2.5
lens, which is the closest I could come to the same coverage.

 I am seriously impressed with this old tank :)  I would love to try
the new ED/IF 67 lens to see how it compares.  But I've got better
things to spend that much money on.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/ (out of date)