Thanks for your thoughts... I wonder about the Dark Adapted software...I'm not
familiar -  Do you find that you need that extra intervention to get your
monitor to a low enough brightness level?  Because you are working mostly in
the evenings, In the dark, I assume?  My editing is usually during the daytime
- until 3pm, when everybody comes back home, then the party's over...