Numpty is very much used in Scotland, "Yer big numpty" is an often heard term
of gentle abuse.

Chav is very much used, especially for Essex Boys and Girls (who are an
archetype, not necessarily inhabitants of Essex). Burberry baseball caps form
part of the uniform.

I was looked at within stares of bemusement recently when, in a meeting in
Houston, I referred to something as daft, a term I use a lot. but clearly one
that has not yet reached Texas.

Peter