On 22 October 2012 14:30, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> 1) Taking photos from a moving pony cart can be challenging.  Not so much for
> camera motion blur, which can be compensated for by a fast shutter speed
> combined with shake reduction, but because the bouncing up and down makes it
> very challenging to compose a shot.
>
> 2) This is exacerbated when the sound of the 18-250 focusing sounds to the
> horse like the noise that means "go faster".
>
> 3) Taking photos of a hawk flying overhead from a moving pony cart is nearly
> impossible.
>
> 4) Taking photos of said hawk, when standing on the ground with the 18-250
> works a lot better with manual focus and a split prism focusing screen than
> it does with auto focus.
>
> --
> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est

How autofocus works with sport, action, wildlife, etc:

"Oh, you want to take a shot right now, do you?  Just give me a second
or two while I check my full range of focus, just in case there's a
point where things are sharper.  Wait, I'll check again, you can never
be too sure, can you?  There, I bet that shot of empty blue sky is
sharper than anything Canon could've made."

Grrrr!

regards, Anthony