From: "knarftheria...@gmail.com" <knarftheria...@gmail.com>
To: PDML@pdml.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:01 PM
Subject: PESO - Bloor Station, Rush Hour

Well, I have a dilemma here and your opinion would help me. I do take photos of
beggars from time to time but I try not to exploit them and do try to show them
in a very "human" way.

So here's today's PESO:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.ca/2012/10/bloor-station-rush-hour.html?m=0

Exploiting or no? It's obviously a jarring image and one that many will find
uncomfortable to look at (indeed one ~should~ feel uncomfortable).

However my thoughts are, firstly, that I take pictures of all sorts of people
from business people to firefighters to construction workers; beggars are as
much a part of a city as anyone else. Secondly, I think there's a story here
that goes beyond simply, "here's a beggar, let's gawk." I won't tell you what I
think that story is; if the viewer can't see stories then the photo obviously
isn't working (for that viewer).

So if you have thoughts on this photo and whether I should display it I would
love to hear them.

And comments on the photo itself are welcome.

Thanks,
frank

"If the world were clear, art would not exist." -- Albert Camus