On 31/10/2012 6:41 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Oct 31, 2012, at 5:31 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

John Francis wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of the K-5 not being a
worthwhile upgrade from a K10D.

Ain't that the truth! The K20D was a significant upgrade from the K10D
in terms of image quality and AF. The K-7 offered little image quality
benefit over the K20D but improved menus, controls and general
operation. The K-5 was a big improvement on the K-7... and a quantum
leap over the K10D.

You do realize that a quantum change is the absolute smallest possible change?

You do realize that the term "Quantum Leap" has entered the English language as a shorthand statement for a large jump? Merriam Webster defines it thusly: "a sudden large change, development, or improvement"

Pedantry for the sake of pedantry is really wasteful of one's limited lifetime.

--

William Robb