From: Larry Colen

A couple of automotive analogies occur to me.

First of all, complaining that the K-5 isn't full frame is like
complaining that the Corvette doesn't have a V12.

It also seems to me that the folks who buy a DSLR based on its
automatic features are like people who buy a sports car based on its
automatic transmission. (Yes, John, I know)  In many ways modern
automatic transmissions will outperform even a good driver with a
manual transmission, but if I really wanted to get my car around the
track in the least amount of time, I'd hire a professional to race it
for me.

Larry, I find that pretty damn offensive actually. Just so you know.

If you want a V12 Corvette with an automatic transmission and a professional driver to race it for you, go for it. If you want the K-5 in any of it's multitude of incarnations, BUY ONE. It's your money, spend it how it pleases you.

What you just don't seem to be able to grasp is that I want something different.

Don't tell me I'm stupid because I don't want what you want.