I think it is quite a bargain really. As of recently Sigma has been producing optically excellent lenses. Add to that that this is a full frame lens and further I think it is the first in industry that has USB port that according to promo on dpreview.com will allow not just changing lens firmware but also things such as micro focus adjustment.

So in terms of technology for the money I think this is a fair offering.

Boris