I've solved the spectacle wearer's viewfinder use by knocking the lens out of a
pair of glasses. Allows me to get my eyeball close enough to see the entire
frame. The built in diopter on the K series DSLRs takes care of what I need
glasses for. The lens still attached is used for chimping.

However, having just done a bunch of focusing tests, I will say with the K-5 it
is very hard to achieve good focus using the viewfinder with or without the
Pentax magnifying lens; almost impossible with Live-View.

I'm going to test next with the flip up magnifier as soon as I can find it
after my move. Found the one for the 67, and the old one that fits the
Spotmatic, but not the one for the MX, LX, K-7, K-5. Finally, using the
ref-converter A and Seagull at 2x soon.