Which reminded me, Dunc wrote a piece on the subject back in August:
http://duncandavidson.com/blog/2012/08/retina_ready

Since my blog software is all hand-crafted, I smell some nasty-ish
hacking in my future.   But even worse than that is the fact that,
over the years, I’ve been exporting all my pix from the RAW originals
at 1024x720, so once the software’s done, I’m facing the task of going
back and re-exporting them all. And to make it worse, in the early
years of my blog I cleverly renamed them after exporting.

(curls up in a corner whimpering)

-T