It's been a while since I've been wet but a Reefmaster would probably be my
first choice for simple underwater "snapshots".

When I dove more regularly I had an Ikelite housing for the kodak disposable.
 I even went so far as to remove the Kodak 400 and replace it with Fujichrome
400 slide film!  I was unfortunate to have the original housing and it didn't
work well.  It was impossible to wind the film (the little rubber wheel would
just spin on the winding gear no matter what film was in the camera) and the
camera was not snug inside.  It was more frustrating than anything.  I even
had the closeup attachments and slave strobe.  Too bad it was a piece of
junk!  I think they still make it for the newer disposables but I haven't
tried to upgrade.

Christian