Hi All,

I am sure that some people on the list have the knowledge on this topic.

For the purpose of presenting photo slideshows, which type of projectors
are generally better: 3LCD or DLP?
Criteria: accuracy of colors (preferably without too much of
calibration), high brightness/contrast (so that the presentation can be
done with the ambient light in the room.

To better define the category, -
I am looking at projectors with at least 2000-2500 lumens, and the
price range is to stay within $1000-ish. Resolution: at least XGA (1024x768),
possibly WXGA/HD-720 (1280x780/720).

I've read a few websites with comparisons between the two types (3LCD
and DLP).  There are two major problems with those comparisons:
1. Most of those comparisons are several years old, and hence do not
reflect the recent changes in both technologies.
2. They are shallow, biased [by the manufacturers of the specific
type], or both.

Your input, including references to good recent articles on the issue,
is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Igor