Igor, my interest in projectors has been primarily for watching
movies, but accurate colour and brightness are big issues for me. I
own a 5 year old Dell XGA projector and I'm investigating a move up to
a WXGA (720p). I can't recommend one type over another to you, but I
can add to your woes:

You need to take the screen into consideration. The screen plays a
major role in the contrast and brightness, but also the colour
accuracy.

You also need to consider the source (PC, DVD player, etc.). This will
affect the colour accuracy. When I recently swapped out my old DVD
player for a Blu-Ray, all the colours went sideways. I did a rough
recal by eye but the black point is still wrong and dark scenes in
some movies look solarized now. Very annoying.

I'd suggest that you should consider the possibility of needing
calibration up front. Many of the monitor calibrators (colorimeters)
can be used for front projection too.

--
-bmw