> P. J. Alling Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:11:48 -0800

> Apparently it's not up to their standards. But then again almost none of
> Pentax's lens offerings are. It seems that they have a problem with
> traditional designs.

Given the fact that I (or you) don't have the time, equipment, nor are
we experts in optical testing methodology... I generally believe what
they say, yet I also realize there's more to it than numbers. :)

I never grain-peeped when shooting film and I never pixel-peep now.

(well, hardly ever (damn, big D, and all that rot)}. :)  (mixing operas I know)

on a tangent...

Has anyone seen the Pirates of Penzance with Kevin Kline, Linda
Ronstadt, Rex Smith, and Angela Lansbury?

An early 80's take, but true to form, extremely funny, and very well done.

If your friends don't like opera, lend them this DVD... we did (they
didn't get it).

If you like opera and especially Gilbert & Sullivan, you'll watch it
numerous times.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pirates-Penzance-Kevin-Kline/dp/B00005JM6A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356241284&sr=8-1&keywords=pirates+of+penzance+dvd

Tom C