So, last weeks race, the Shop 'Til You Drop Alleycat, started inside the
largest downtown mall in Toronto, the Eaton Centre.

Details of the race are kept secret until the last minute; manifests with the
checkpoints are handed out about five minutes before the start.

Racers have very little time to figure out exactly where the checkpoints are
(in this case they were all grocery stores) and route themselves accordingly. I
know when I raced the routing sometimes changed mid-race.

Some like to do this on their own, others work together as Dale and Yuriy are
doing here:

http://mondociclismo.blogspot.ca/2012/12/pre-race-strategy-dale-and-yuriy.html?m=1

Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcome.

Cheers,
frank

"If the world were clear, art would not exist." -- Albert Camus