Thu Dec 27 12:22:49 EST 2012
Tom C wrote:

> PJ wrote:
>

> > I've just skimmed it and it just goes to prove that there's really
> > nothing new.
> >
> > On 12/27/2012 11:02 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
> >> Tom, I was reading it yesterday, and couldn't get it from the first
> >> quick reading, but got distracted. When I read it the second time, I
> >> still couldn't get what was new in it.
> >>
> >> Igor
>
> Guys, where did I say there was anything new in it?
>
> I said it was interesting. To me it was particularly interesting
> because I've been more or less a propenent of higher MP cameras, at
> least for what I do, and this supports that. Not owning or having used
> tilt and shift lenses, I've always viewed them as largely for
> perspective control in architectural photography.
>
> I'd reckon only a small % of the PDML have used tilt/shift lenses
> baecause they're costly, and an even far smaller % in the manner
> discussed, to approximate large format film.
>
> When did posting something new become a pre-requisite? Why do I feel
> I'm having to offer justification for sharing information on the
> PDML????
>
> Also this short article had  e-a-s-y   t-o   u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d
> s-e-n-t-e-n-c-e-s, along with  p-i-c-t-u-r-e-s, something beneficial
> for PDML members.
>
> Tom C.

Tom,

I didn't mean to criticize you for your posting. Rather, I was
providing my impression of the article. I am used to consider dpreview
website as a site with news (new product announcements, reviews, etc),
i.e. the website where I am hearing about something new.
Hence, probably, my reaction.

The irony is that upon the first brief reading, I thought it was written
rather heavily and not very clearly, since I had difficulty
grasping/finding what was new in it.

Cheers,

Igor