Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Postmaster" <postmas...@robertstech.com>
Subject: Re: Pentax sighting in B&H promotional video

<kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

Most of the time the correct comparison to make is between
the stability of *no tripod at all* and that of a tripod with the
center column extended.

Agreed

Yes, keeping the center column retracted is a
better option,

Agreed

but if it's not possible or practical it shouldn't be
dismissed so lightly.

Then you bought the wrong size tripod.

...or bought several different tripods and didn't happen to have the
right one with you at the time. (This happens approximately 99% of the
time. It's just like lenses.)

That's why I have only one so there's no issue on which one I take !