Subject: Re: GESO: The Corvette Reveal

On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>

Had some time this afternoon, so I rendered the Corvette pics on my calibrated monitor and was able to coax more detail out of the red bloom. The young lady in the first pic was guarding the front row for the GM prez and his entourage. Shot her at 12,800 under the red light that was keeping bathing the stage before the show began. A video is playing on a screen in the background, thus the burned out corner. The other pics are all shot at ISO 3200, f4.5, with shutter speeds ranging from 1/40th to 1/125th.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1047171

Paul

Nice gallery. I also enjoyed your article.

I don't know what is is with black wheels. As far as I'm concerned
they make even the best looking vehicles look like dogs. That red
vette would have been a a lot prettier with matte silver/gray wheels.

Tom C.

Thanks Tom. I'm not a fan of black wheels either, save perhaps on a black car. I think automakers are striving for an aggressive look, thus the color of darkness pervades.

Paul