Well, I am back from my Japan trip. I went alone and so I could
take the decision on a mere 3 hours and after 3 visits to
Yodobashi camera at Shinjuku. I bite the bullet and bought the
Hakuba MG-604 Carbon Fibre tripod. This is the 4 section one.
Though the three section one was much more sturdy, it was a bit on
the heavier side and a bit taller. My justification was, it is
better to compromise some features for a tripod which you can
carry, rather go for one with all you want and leave it at home
because of the weight/size.
At a price of 19000 yen, it seems to be a good buy to m e. I am
testing it this weekend. Will update the list about the
performance next week.

Prasanta.