Welcome aboard Aahz

By now you've gotten the combined wisdom of the list on SD cards, I can only add that I only use San Disk Extreme cards but I mainly shoot 2.0 GB size - that way if I lose a card I won't be loosing hundreds of images & a 2.0 GB card is nicely filled during a day of shooting for me.

BTW last August I took a 9 day 'cruise' on the Inside Passage on a 62 passenger, 150' 'Expedition Boat' definitely not your typical cruise ship. I carried 3 lenses - a 300, 70-210 & 28-80 and a 1.4 teleconvertor -had no need for any other lenses.

We went late August and had phenomenal weather - mostly sunny with temps in the low 50's to high 60's during the day.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aahz Maruch" <a...@pobox.com>
Subject: SD Card Survey

Howdy,

Larry Colen "made" me join this list (I used to be a Pentax SLR person
decades ago, currently have a Nikon P7100, Larry's giving me advice on
kit to rent for a mid-May Alaska cruise, which will of course be Pentax).

So I checked the archives and don't see any recent threads about SD
cards, and I'm wondering what size and kinds of cards people are using,
particularly people with K-5/K-30.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6 http://rule6.info/