John Francis wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 07:32:39PM -0500, Stan Halpin wrote:
>>
>> Don't change recording media in the heat of the moment; wait for a quiet
>> time and place, thus avoiding potential disasters that might befall media
>> and/or camera.
>
>One of the nice things about digital media is that you can actually do this.
>Fifteen or so years ago I missed the opportunity to get a spectacular shot
>of Paul Tracy flipping over the catch fencing at Laguna Seca because I was
>listening to the PZ-1p rewind after having just exposed the last frame.
>Now I can shoot for an entire weekend on the same SD card (and even, as
>a bonus, get to change the sensitivity without swapping media).

If I were still shooting motorsports I'd definitely go for some big SD
cards.

As it is I use 4 Gig cards and carry a bunch of them when I travel. I
very rarely fill a card in a day (I'm not a machine gunner). At the
end of each day I copy the files from the card to a computer (I
usually travel with a tiny Dell Mini 10v netbook) and put the card
aside not to be used until the next trip.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com