JOC,Limited knowledge replie below.
---- Begin Original Message ----

<Yes, I've heard the digitals are unable to
<capture
<extremely wide contrast scene. Also they have
<an
<exposure latitude more like slide film which is
<not exactly a good thing.
Not having a lot of experience with slides,i
cannnot comment.I do not have the proper TTL
flash for this camera and use a Vivitar
285HV,the results from well lite areanes are
good,auto contrast in PS 6 is a god send.

> I don't have a problem with shutter lag,as
the
> D1 acts like a proper SLR in that respect,

<Well thats good. But doesnt the camera "go to
<sleep" if you go a while without taking a
<picture?
<My digicam does and I hate that.
No,It is just like any other bazillion dollar
SLR<G>

>and
> my main reason to purchase was to get into
the
> higher level digital(used)and take and sell
> pictures at events.

<

<What do you do, shoot AND print on location?
Yes.Mt wife runs the viewer computer and i have
other kids that ride and have PS6 experience
do the cropping and printing.

> Graywolf has inspected some prints from the
D1
> and S800 printer and gave me/it a good review.

<Have you done direct comparisons with well
<made optical
<prints using slow film? Less than 3 Mp seems to
<me to be too low for 8X10 compared to film.?
No,not yet

> I like digital,but i had to spend a lot of
> extra money to buy lenses for Ni**.If Pentax
> comes out with something like the D1 i'll
give
> it my 100% focus.

<Why not just buy a 5MP digicam ( non slr), they
<are only about $1K?
Need the SLR shutter speeds.The horses simply
go toooo fast.
> Right now,2.74 megpix is helping me pay for
an
> expensive hobby/weekend businessbut i'm happy
> with the results.

Well, thats the main thing!

> BUT I still like film.Old habbits???Two
months
> after i bought a state of the art digital,i
buy
> a used S3,go fiqure
>
> Dave

Best thing about them oldies is they arent
obsolete (yet) even after 40 years. I dont
think we'll be able to say that about ANY
digital SLR for a long time if ever. Can you
imagine where digital cameras will be in 10
years
 from now let alone fourty?
JCO

probably still around
Dave
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail
List.  To unsubscribe,
go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the
directions. Don't forget to
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at