On 2/9/2013 11:25 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
On 10 February 2013 05:04, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

You can find it for about half this figure, Zos. However I should warn you
that from having two specimens and having not bought one more - this is one
of the worst lenses Pentax ever made in terms of mechanical precision and
longevity...

It's not a particularly strong lens optically either, at the wide end
the old A24/2.8 runs rings around it when comparing distortion,
contrast and resolution. It's not a lens that I would recommend.

When they would focus I did not have much griped about the ones I used to have. Unfortunately, this is the only Pentax lens that covers the standard focal lengths (wide to short tele) that both covers full frame and goes to 24 mm on the wide end. If 24 mm is mandatory, Sigma 24-60/2.8 is by far the superior choice, IMHO.