Bill, your comments ring ever so true.

I'm looking for a digital camera (!) with certain specs and features for
a specific long-term project.  My first thought was to see what Pentax
offered.  Just the Optios and a little toy model.  So, not only have
they lost my business for the camera, but for whatever accessories I may
choose to buy as well.  And, down the line, should I choose to upgrade,
the chances are real good that I wouldn't even consider Pentax, because
by that time there may be an investment in another company's digital
products.

What's even more disappointing is that I'm not looking for a DSLR, but a
good "prosumer" model in the 3MP - 4MP range.  The advanced amateur
market is one that Pentax does pretty well with their film cameras, but
their digital offerings are quite poor wrt features and the number of
models offered. So, I'm looking at Canon, Nikon, and Olympus - all
companies with a broad range of digital cameras to fit just about every
budget and need.

As a 35+ year user of Pentax gear, this is very disappointing indeed.
Not even having a Pentax to consider is ridiculous.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]