From: John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
Sent: February 19, 2013 2/19/13
To: PDML@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Kid pictures (was Re: PESO: Concentration)

From: Igor Roshchin
> Tue Feb 19 08:50:32 EST 2013
> John Sessoms wrote:
>
>> From: Larry Colen

>>> I think that parents should have the right to say whether pictures of
>>> their kids can be posted.
>>

>> That sounds an awful lot like giving "parents" an absolute veto over
>> what you can photograph. It's not very far from there to "You can't take
>> photographs here because there are children present."
>
> John,
>
> There are constitunational (or otherwise legal) right, and there is what
> is right (and/or ethical) with a kid.

I don't photograph kids until I have a signed contract and the parents
pay me a lot of money.

But if I am in a public location, going about my own business, it is
parents responsibility to keep their kids out of my way. It is *not*
their right to tell me I can't engage in my lawful occupation because
they cannot or will not control their spawn.

I've had problems before where I was working, somebody's kid intruded
into my frame & the parents hassled me about it.

I really don't like that.