> From: Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>
>
>> That's precisely why when someone comes
>> around saying/implying that if one changes from brand A to brand B,
>> that one was a non-thinker and therefore one must rationalize their
>> choice after the fact, pisses me off.
>
> Speaking of "words that were not mine", I said nothing regarding (or
> even implying) "non-thinking" and I never said anything about
> rationalizing "after the fact". Those things were apparently all
> between someone's ears. We all rationalize our purchases (gotta have
> this, gotta have that). If we didn't nothing would ever be purchased.
> That rationalizing generally takes place *before* we make our buying
> decision. Depending upon the quality of our rationale/buying decision,
> other rationalizations may follow.
> : )
>
> Some people are apparently very insecure about their rationales!
> Apologies to them.

Then please parse your words for me:

"Funny, when you find people on this forum feeling they need to move to
one of those two very cameras. I think that sometimes we just fall
prey to the need for something new and then rationalize the why after
the fact. But as long as you have the money and are happy with the
decision afterwards, more power to you."

Rationalizing after the fact can somewhat imply that a rational
thought (thinking) process did not occur earlier. As long as you're
not painting me with your wide brush of generalization I'm fine.