On Tue, Feb 26, 2013, David Mann wrote:

> http://www.multi.net.nz/grey-warbler-2/
>
> K10D, FA*400mm f/5.6, 1/500th handheld at f/5.6, ISO 400.  It's
> cropped to about 50% of the original area.

Nice!  You got a lot of detail!

Pedantry alert: did you actually crop to 50% area or 50% of linear
dimensions (which would be a quarter of the area)?

> The AF on the K10D really doesn't seem to work well with long glass,
> it kept annoying me by always starting to focus closer when it needed
> to go further away.  To make it worse, this lens focuses to 2 metres
> and doesn't have a limiter.  Probably doesn't help that I was shooting
> under a canopy so the AF didn't have much in the way of contrast.

Which AF mode were you using?  (I'm curious because I've been seeing my
own AF glitches with K-x/K-5 and I'm wondering whether there's some
pattern.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/