On 2/27/2013 12:37 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Walt

Thanks, Dave.

That's a habit I finally broke myself of by setting the instant review
to one second. Chasing butterflies with a 50mm manual prime also helped
a lot.

As for the talking, that shouldn't be a problem. She's a pretty engaging
person.

I like to check the histogram on the first couple of shots, just to make sure I'm not screwing everything up. After that, there's no need to chimp unless you get a big change in the light (at which point it's good to check the histogram again).

I'll definitely check the histogram from time to time and will probably bracket most of my exposures. The bar area is a real pain in the ass when it comes to lighting, so I'll probably have to do a bit more chimping in there, but the pool room (which has recently been painted a much warmer color) should be a breeze.

Thanks!

-- Walt