Walt, don't concern yourself with this now, but file it away to think
about after this shoot.

Shooting in your bar area is very likely going to have you beginning
to appreciate why additional lighting is often really useful in
creative portraiture. You'd like to highlight your subject--after all,
she's the point of the shot--but you don't want to lose the context
(the bar surroundings). So you really want to literally spotlight your
subject in a way that doesn't overwhelm the subtle bar downlights and
undercounter accent lights, plus colourful reflections from glassware
and all.

A good way to do that is to setup a small flash source, like a small
softbox, to one side of your subject casting a pool of light centered
on her face. With camera on manual you set the aperture to expose for
her face, then set the shutter speed to expose for the background
illumination, but about 1 stop less than for the face.

A very different way to get almost the same effect is point a
colour-corrected LED array (preferably with extra diffusion) at your
subject's face and increase the brightness until her face is slightly
brighter than her surroundings (approx a stop). Then expose for her
face and shoot. The LED approach will require much higher ISOs or
wider apertures and she may have to hold still to avoid motion blur.

You've probably seen this one before, something similar that I did in
a restaurant bar with crappy light:

http://www.flickr.com/bruce_m_walker/7395068796/in/set-72157630179005076/lightbox/

--
-bmw