The one area which Pentax might still be able to carve out a niche for
their DSLRs is in the ergonomics/usability area though...

I picked up Sigma's pro digital offering and was shocked at how poorly
the camera felt in my hands, not to mention how all the controls were
laid out.  Forget the advantages of the new Foveon technology or
whatever they call it; if it don't fit, I ain't gonna use it!

Cheers.