Thanks Mark. I left it idle w/o batteries for several days but it actually got worse. Originally it would light up briefly but never long enough to hit menu. Now with fresh batteries - Nothing. I am packing it up to ship to AZ today, after collecting the correct forms and receipts. I have too much invested and it was too much fun to abandon. But once bit how will I trust it ever again. I was thinking of investing in that second zoom too.

However the whole experience has me looking at the Oly OM-D. Oh well tech is so much fun.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 00:27:29 -0500
From: Mark C<pdml-m...@charter.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Two small Q Gesos

I'm sorry to hear that your Q is having problems. I bought my whole Q
setup used and never thought about having to use the warranty -
hopefully that option is available to you. I have heard of cases where
leaving the batteries out for an extended period of time helped resolve
problems, but is likely a long shot.

Good luck and hope you are Q'd up again soon!

Mark