Quoting Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>:

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
Quoting Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com>:

On 5 March 2013 13:19, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

You realize that removing EXIF has nothing to do with color
management?

Even with an embedded ICC profile the image won't render exactly the
same if you're viewing on one browser that is color managed and one
that isn't (that's why we have color management). As long as you've
exported your image in sRGB color space the difference should be
minimal.

Some time ago I authored a page to practically illustrate this (in a
clumsy way)

http://users.tpg.com.au/distudio/temp/ICC_test.html

Nice illustration.

The assumption is often made that Photoshop's "Save for Web" command first
converts to sRGB.  The second diagram illustrates that this isn't the case.
To get around this I've set up a simple action for web images that first
converts to sRGB before calling the "Save to Web" command.

That info (and the 2nd part of Rob's page) is a bit dated. From CS4 on
the Save to Web & Devices command has a Convert to sRGB tickbox
(enabled by default).

Didn't know that.  I'm on CS3  :-)>

--
Cheers