Thanks for your comments, Godfrey. In fact, I have been looking at the possibility of buying a Ricoh GXR + A12 Leica mount unit, as now they can be had for a lower and more attractive price and it is possible to use my Pentax lenses with and adapter. But the bulk of the camera plus the adapter is almost the same of a DSLR, with a number of disadvantages at least for my use.

I am still thinking about that option, but I think I would be better served by a X100 and in any case I want a camera with a viefinder. The RAW files I have downloaded look very good. It is a bit bigger than the X10/X20, and it has a fixed 23mm 2.0 lens instead of a zoom (although it seems an excellent prime, and I happen to find it has a very useful FOV). The 28-112m (eq.) 2.0-2.8 lens of the X10/X20 is very tempting and the camera is smaller and lighter than the X100, although I am not thrilled by the smaller sensor. So, in case I don't change my mind again, it is a choice between a small sensor camera with a fast zoom lens or one with an APS-C sensor and a fast fixed focal length. Or, as you sugest, a fourthirds camera. There some very interesting lenses for that format, but I haven't liked the ergonomics of the camera bodies I have had the chance to try (very few, admittedly).