From: mike wilson
On 22/03/2013 22:50, Brian Walters wrote:
G'day all

Triggertrap is a Smartphone app that, combined with a dongle that
connects your phone to the remote port of your camera, turns your phone
into a sophisticated intervalometer.  It looks as if it would be useful
for things like star trails.

Anyone tried it?

Details here:

https://triggertrap.com/products/triggertrap-mobile/

I bought the Pentax version of this.
http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-timer-remote-control-for-olympus-ref-7dsmqtc9-overstock-special?backUrl=L3Bob3RvLXZpZGVvLXN1cHBsaWVzL2NhbWVyYS1hY2Nlc3Nvcmllcz9jYXQ9NTY3

Not stocked at the moment.

Also available as the Phottix TR-90 from Amazon and from some local independents (which is were I purchased mine). I think it's probably available under any number of brand names, but the one for Canon C6 is the one that works with my K20D/K10D.

http://www.amazon.com/Phottix-Multi-Function-Remote-Digital-Control/dp/B004U9IZF4

Adorama has it for $53. I got it for $40 from the local shop.

I used to have the Pentax Cable Switch 205, but the switch went flaky & stopped working.

I'm still looking for a switch that I can screw in an old fashion cable release and have the electrical contact inside to connect to the 2.5 mm plug. I've looked into making my own, but the problem has been finding a socket that the cable release will screw into & stay screwed in.