Thanks for the great recommendations  Christine. I'm very sorry to
hear you're in a funk. Do say if there's anything I/we can do to help
perk you up. More cat pix perhaps?

I just had to find out what was meant by stutter step and located this article:
http://dbeckerman.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/street-photography-techniques/

Quite interesting to me as a total nube on the subject.

Cheers!

--
-bmw