Trying to base this on history:
#1  What are Pentax' professional market cameras?
    645n, 645nII, 67II, MZ-S

#2  What then are the probable professioanl targets
    for digital enhancement?
    645n, 645nII, 67II, MZ-S

#3  What would need to be the condition for having
    digital with each of these bodies?
    a.  Must be highly profitable
    b.  Must be rapidly producable.

#4  What will be the requirement of each body for
    having a digital enhancement available?
    MZ-S   -- When sensor prices drop?
    67II   -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
    645n   -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
    645nII -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
    (Using a L/S lens would allow more versatility
     with the dynamic abilities of the sensors.)

4)  Pentax, the last major co. to go to a bayonet
    mount and survive in spite of being so late,
    looks to be the last with a serioius digital
    body.  But they have had the uncanny ability
    to survive because their marketing abilities
    appear to be very effective when they have
    the right product.  (It just takes too long
    to create the right product.)

The net results *in the next year* will be:
1)  We will not see pro-grade digital from Pentax.
2)  We will see 2 more Limited lenses from Pentax.
    (This will have to pacify us for now.)
3)  One Limited lens will be for the 645 bodies.
4)  I wouldn't be surprized to see the next
    35mm Limited lens to be a leaf shutter!

Collin

--

Collin Brendemuehl, KC8TKA