Collin wrote:

> Trying to base this on history:
> #1  What are Pentax' professional market cameras?
>     645n, 645nII, 67II, MZ-S

Pentax market whatever they have to whoever buy it. The 35mm equipment and the MF
stuff is marketed, or more precisely non-marketed, in the same manner.

> #2  What then are the probable professioanl targets
>     for digital enhancement?
>     645n, 645nII, 67II, MZ-S

Again I don't think they care. I doubt we will see a digital 67 in the foreseeable
future.

> #3  What would need to be the condition for having
>     digital with each of these bodies?
>     a.  Must be highly profitable
>     b.  Must be rapidly producable.

??. I doubt digital slr's will be profitable in the foreseeable future.

> #4  What will be the requirement of each body for
>     having a digital enhancement available?
>     MZ-S   -- When sensor prices drop?
>     67II   -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
>     645n   -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
>     645nII -- Only with leaf-shutter lenses
>     (Using a L/S lens would allow more versatility
>      with the dynamic abilities of the sensors.)

Huh? Why would Pentax bother with leaf shutter when they haven't bothered with that
til now? Leaf shutters only make the lenses horribly expensive and would be a dead
end.

> 4)  Pentax, the last major co. to go to a bayonet
>     mount and survive in spite of being so late,
>     looks to be the last with a serioius digital
>     body.

Huh? How about Minolta, Olympus, Leica, Contax. Some may argue that serious digital
slr's don't exist yet.

> 3)  One Limited lens will be for the 645 bodies.

Surely not.

> 4)  I wouldn't be surprized to see the next
>     35mm Limited lens to be a leaf shutter!

If they want to commit harakiri this would be way!

Pål