While I don't agree with the inclusion of 'under God' in the pledge of
allegiance, I think it's an important thing to have to build a common
sense of national unity.

And our money does have references to god on it, and Congress offers
prayers at various times, and other miscellaneous things, sometimes
you have to pick your battles and fight the big fights.  There was a
case several years ago where an atheist father tried to have 'under
God' stricken from the pledge (it was added during the McCarthy red
scare era), and he was widely reviled by many.  It was
counterproductive for those of us that share his beliefs.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com

Aloha Photographer Photoblog